Friday, December 7, 2012

Fingerprints

Note to self: Never read a book that has a subtitle describing the genre the book falls into. If it needs that kind of help there is no hope for it. Fingerprints: A Mystery Suspense Novel by Marcia Leonard is a book I wish I'd avoided. It could have been a good book. It had the proper elements: a murder, an innocent man accused, a fight for justice, a lawyer with a complicated past, and a bit of romance.

What it did not have was a mystery. The killer was revealed in the first 50 pages. In a 212 page book that is just stupid. Once you've shown a reader who the killer is there's no point the reader sticking around. I did. I think there might have been an interesting story between the protagonist and the lawyer but I didn't care because I already knew who did it. The time I spent reading the rest of the book was just wasted.

That's all I can say about this book.



I received a review copy of this book.