Friday, November 27, 2009

Ghost At Work

I'm not a big fan of "cozies" but I will read them. The crime-solver in a cozy mystery is usually a woman who is an amateur sleuth. The cozy mystery usually takes place in a small town or village. Carolyn Hart is the undisputed "Queen of the Cozies." The protagonist of Ghost At Work is Bailey Ruth Raeburn. She returns to Earth in ghost form as a member of Heaven's Department of Good Intentions. Her task is to help Kathleen, the pastor's wife. There's a dead man on her porch, and once the body is discovered, the pastor is sure to become a suspect. It doesn't take Bailey Ruth long to figure out that Kathleen is her sister's granddaughter.

The Department of Good Intentions has rules but Bailey Ruth jumps ahead and breaks them all. Sometimes life just doesn't follow the rules. First time saviors need to be cut a little slack and she'd get so much more done if her supervisor, Wiggins, wasn't huffing and puffing over every infraction.

We know that somehow Bailey Ruth will muddle though all the clues to figure out did the dead. We only hope it's before something happens to her great-grand niece, Bayroo. Ghost At Work was a fun read. The only quibble I have is why the killer was so intent in framing Kathleen or her husband. It's an unanswered question that nags.

Buy Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth Mysteries, No. 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I will read it as soon as I can. Sorry I have to say this but I've wasted a lot of time with SPAM lately. If you are posting a link to a site that is not related to books I will not publish it, I'll mark it as SPAM.