Friday, November 13, 2009

Fool Moon

Fool Moon is the second book in The Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. Billed as the other wizard named Harry, Harry Dresden is a wizard for hire. He has an ad in the yellow pages and an office. He's the real deal when you need one. Most of the time he works as a consultant for the Chicago PD. His main contact with the CPD is Sergent Karrin Murphy of Special Investigations.

Murphy doesn't completely trust Dresden. He has hidden things from her and it pisses her off. Unfortunately there's no one else she can turn to for help solving a bunch of vicious "animal" attacks around the full moon. Dresden gets a lead right away and leaves Murphy out of the hunt. Besides making her angry, it makes Dresden look suspicious. Especially when his apprentice ends up as one of the victims.

I love books about wizards. I love American detective stories. More than either of those I love noir. The Dresden Files are all of those things wrapped into one hard to resist package. Entertainment Weekly said, "Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe." I couldn't agree more. I would also add that Harry Dresden is a wizard for adults. Wizards, werewolves and mobsters make Fool Moon a fabulous read.


Buy Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, Book 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I will read it as soon as I can. Sorry I have to say this but I've wasted a lot of time with SPAM lately. If you are posting a link to a site that is not related to books I will not publish it, I'll mark it as SPAM.