Sunday, July 5, 2009

Salvation in Death

Salvation in Death is the 28th in the series featuring Lt. Eve Dallas. J.D. Robb's futuristic novels have become best sellers. Set in mid-twentieth century New York they show a world almost like ours but with a few technological improvements.

I enjoy this series. I like how the characters evolve in each novel. In the first book, Dallas is a sociopathic loner who's only friend outside work is, Mavis, a con artist she once busted. She lives for the job. It's the only thing that keeps the nightmares away. By the time Salvation starts Eve has been married almost two years. Her husband is one of the richest men on the planet and she lives in a mansion. The house is often filled with a growing list of friends. Eve learns that life gets complicated once you start letting people in. There are so many rules and she's afraid she'll never learn them all.

This book opens with a funeral mass. When the priest takes a drink of the sacramental wine he falls to the floor dead. Dallas and her partner Peabody soon learn that the priest wasn't who everyone thought he was. They must dig through the man's past to find out how it caught up to him. Things are complicated by a copycat murder of a famous televangelist. Dallas has a theory and she must prove it fast so she can get back to tracking the priest.

Along the way Dallas must navigate the scary waters of the bridal shower and bachlorette. As always there's time for hot sex with her husband Roarke. And when I say hot sex I really mean it. These books are sometimes listed as romances probably because J. D. Robb is a pen name for romance writer Nora Roberts.

Buy Salvation in Death

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love this series too. Your reviews are great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment. I will read it as soon as I can. Sorry I have to say this but I've wasted a lot of time with SPAM lately. If you are posting a link to a site that is not related to books I will not publish it, I'll mark it as SPAM.