Saturday, June 27, 2009

Crime Spells

Crime Spells is an anthology of 17 short stories edited by Martin H. Greenberg & Loren L. Coleman. Each of the stories features some kind of magic. A thief uses "glamour" to get her in and out of the homes of her victims. A gamer uses real magic to get revenge. A magical bounty hunter relies on her extra senses.

While I enjoyed all of the stories there wasn't one that stood out. They were all pretty light weight. While there were a couple of "ick moments" very few images remain in my mind. I had to re-read the first part of each story just to remember what they were about for this review. The stories make for an afternoon's reading but they won't cause you to ponder their meaning for too long.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Authors in this anthology include: Mike Resnick, Kristine Katheryn Rusch, Dean Wesley Smith and Steve Perry.

Buy Crime Spells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment. I will read it as soon as I can. Sorry I have to say this but I've wasted a lot of time with SPAM lately. If you are posting a link to a site that is not related to books I will not publish it, I'll mark it as SPAM.